News From HKC.
Nominations will be accepted until Monday, July 8, 2019.
2019 Most Endangered Nominations
Historic Kansas City has used its annual list of Most Endangered Buildings to spotlight important examples of architectural and cultural heritage that were at risk of destruction or irreparable damage.
Do you know of a threatened historic place? If so, nominate it for the 2019 list of the Most Endangered. Nominations will be accepted until Monday, July 8, 2019.
Inclusion on the Most Endangered list has proven beneficial for Kansas City’s historic places. For some properties, nomination to the list is a last chance for survival.
A “Most Endangered” designation:
• Focuses media and public attention on the plight of threatened historic places
• Spurs positive action and generates public support
• Creates opportunities for preservation solutions
What is an endangered property?
• A threatened historic place important to the community
• An irreplaceable local landmark fallen into disrepair
• An architecturally significant building or structure that’s been abandoned
• A historic district or building type threatened by poor planning or public policy
If you know of a historic resource that fits these descriptions, do something!
Nominate the property for inclusion on the Most Endangered list and make the effort to preserve it heard around Kansas City. The nomination process is simple, see attached.Nomination Doc